WhatsApp has introduced its long-awaited “Delete for Everyone (Unsent)” feature. The app now lets you delete messages for everyone in a conversation, making them completely disappear from the chat. Till now this feature was only available for WhatsApp Beta version. But now the officials have confirmed that this game-changing feature has been rolled out to all the users.
The feature lets people call back messages sent on individual chats as well as WhatsApp groups, and is available across different platforms, such as Android, iPhone and Windows Phone. With this feature one can delete all type of sent messages such as text, image, audio & videos.
One of the biggest benefit of the Delete for Everyone feature is when you send a message to the wrong chat or if the message sent contains a mistake, you can Unsent the message with the help of this new feature.
You can revoke a message within 7 minutes.
- You’ll be able to delete messages up to seven minutes after you sent them, and they’ll disappear from conversations or group chats. This means that once seven minutes have passed, there is no way to delete messages for everyone.
- WhatsApp does warn that “recipients may see your message before it’s deleted or if deletion was not successful,” so it’s not a guarantee. It’s also possible that WhatsApp users will still see messages in notifications before they’re deleted.
You can delete the message for both sender and receiver.
- To delete messages you’ll get a new option after you select delete, allowing you to “delete for everyone” instead of just from your own device.
- Apart from ‘Delete for Everyone’, WhatsApp has renamed the regular delete option, calling it Delete for Me. This, as before, allows users to delete the message they’ve sent or received from the device. However, this will have no effect on the recipients’ chats. This feature will not change anything on the recipients end and they can continue seeing the messages in their chat screen.
The receiver will know you have deleted a message.
- As confirmed by WhatsApp officials, messages that have been successfully deleted for everyone will be replaced with “This message was deleted” in your recipients’ chats. Similarly, if you see “This message was deleted” in a chat, it means that the sender deleted their message for everyone.
You will not be notified if deleting for everyone was not successful.
- The company also feels that there will be occasions when the feature will not function and your message is not deleted. In that case the app will not notify the user.
How to get WhatsApp ‘Delete for Everyone’ feature, and how it works.
- Make sure you the latest version of WhatsApp is downloaded on your phone. ;
- The recipient must also have the latest version installed for the Delete for Everyone feature to work.
- You won’t be able to delete messages if the recipient is using older version of WhatsApp.
- Select the message(s) you want to delete.
- Tap the delete/ trash icon on the screen.
- Now the dialogue box will show the new option Delete for Everyone.
- Click on Delete for Everyone option to unsent the message.
Hi! Thanks for stopping by. I’m Kuldeep Padaliya (A 21 Year Old Guy, Author of this blog, a Professional Content Writer, a Certified Ethical Hacker(CEH) And a Freelance Web Developer). Haha…I know too much at this age, but yes i am. I love to get in Touched With Latest Technological Updates.This is my blog site where you can find useful Technical Information and updates of new Technological Trends coming in the market.Follow this blog to get regular updates.